July is going to be a very busy promo month for me.
I’ll be out on the Cape to kick things off and then spending two weeks in Wisconsin and Illinois. If you live near one of my free workshops or talks, please stop by to say hi. There will be a door prize at each event. I’ll also be signing books and selling photography.
- July 10th from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in Provincetown, MA at the Provincetown Public Library: Free workshop on living the author life and my paths to publication with a book signing and door prize
- July 25-27th, Kourtney will be participating in several Pioneer Days events in Butternut, WI. Further details will follow
- July 28th from 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the Wauwatosa Public Library in Wauwatosa, WI: Free author talk and Q&A with a door prize and book signing
- July 29th from 6:00 p.m. to 7:15 p.m. at DeKalb Public Library in DeKalb, IL: Free workshop “Turning Up the Heat: How to Write Good Love Scenes” with a door prize and book signing
- July 31th from 6:30 p.m to 7:30 p.m. in Wasau, WI at the Marathon County Public Library presenting a free workshop on “Being a Productive Part-time Writer” with a door prize and book signing.
- August 1st from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. in Park Falls, WI at the Park Falls Public Library, free talk about my author life with a book signing and photography sale and door prize.
Update on Editorial Revisions
My editor liked what I did with the second part of the book. She had some minor tweaks, which I am working on. I sent the third installment to her last Thursday and am waiting on comments. I will be delivering the final manuscript on July 8th. Then onto copy edits.
May Book Sales
In May, I sold 6 books, but I did zero promoting that month.
Book Club Discussion
I met with an awesome book club in Manchester and spent 2 hours talking about Six Train. It was so cool to hear how they enjoyed the book and to discuss the nitty gritty of my characters. Of course our discussion went until 10 pm. And I was so keyed up, I didn’t fall asleep until 2 a.m.