2014 Goals Q2 Check-In
I think I’m once again behind on the check-in. Sorry about that–July and August got away from me. I completed a goal in Q1, so there are only 3 left to check in on! Woohoo!
1) Goal: Move more
- Action Plan: I will move for at least 45-80 minutes each day doing cardio, toning, or weights. I will get up from this laptop every hour for at least 5 minutes and move around.
- Status: Everyday, I work out for at least 70-80 minutes. I get up hourly from the laptop and try to add in different chores/tasks to move more.
2) Goal: Eat a lower carb lifestyle
- Action Plan: Focus on healthier foods–fruits, vegetables, potatoes, oatmeal. Add them into each meal and cut out processed sugars and white carbs. Aim for 30-40 g of carbs per meal.
- Status: Eating less carbs. Avoiding breads and white processed carbs. They are splurges and I try to not splurge more than a little once a week. Allowed fruits and veggies and dark chocolate and the occasional ice cream. Going well. Feel more energetic and healthy.
3) Goal: Draft first draft of Six Train’s sequel
- Action Plan: Complete the outline by Feb 5th. Then switch to drafting after I finish third manuscript revisions (as long as Reckonings revisions aren’t required by Harlequin).
- Status: Outline completed on February 7th. From May to July, I revised The Girl Who Ignored Ghosts for Harlequin. Then I prepared for book tour. I reviewed outline in early August and officially began drafting 1500 words 5 days a week on August 21st. Drafted about 15,000 words to date.